Write a review
About the history of makeup
The history of makeup and the appearance of the first cosmetic products has its roots in the distant past. Women have always used special decorative cosmetics, with the help of which they emphasized natural beauty and hid imperfections. However, decorative cosmetics were not always beneficial to health. For example, in the time of Ancient Greece, lead paint was used to illuminate the face. Makeup communicates about the social status of people. Rich women were followers of discreet make-up. Lips painted in bright colors were considered a sign of frivolous ladies who disregarded society's opinion.
In ancient Japan, the art of make-up was treated differently. Japanese women whitened their faces with powder, dyed their eyebrows intensely and applied lipsticks of various colors: from green to black. In the theocentric era of the Middle Ages, few were interested in appearance, and it was only a few centuries later, during the Renaissance and Baroque, that decorative cosmetics regained popularity. Then the first shops appeared, where you could buy special products to create a spectacular image.
The prices for cosmetics were quite high, so only noble ladies could buy them. Representatives of the poor population could only dream of decorative cosmetics. Thus, the ladies started the production of cosmetic remedies in home conditions. For example, they used beet or strawberry juice to color their lips.
Makeup: huge product selection and convenience
Makeup occupies an important niche in the lifestyle of any woman. It perfectly masks imperfections, evens out skin color, accentuates any woman's assets.
To create a flawless make-up there are a few simple steps to apply the products:
1. The primer prepares the skin for makeup. It has a creamy texture and various composition options, depending on the needs of the skin. Most of them are designed to reduce the size of pores, to extend the wear period of makeup and for a more even application of foundation.
2. Foundation - used to even out the complexion, correct uneven pigmentation, hide skin imperfections. There are creamy, liquid, powder, foam or stick foundations. Provides clear, matte, light or dense coverage.
3. Concealer hides skin imperfections such as acne, pigment spots, dark circles. Concealer is more pigmented and denser than foundation, providing longer coverage and more detail.
4. Powder is used to set, smooth and mattify makeup. Powders of dark shades are used for sculpting the face.
5. Blush is used to accentuate the color of the cheeks and define the cheekbones.
6. Bronzer gives the skin a light golden or bronze shade, contouring the cheekbones. It can be matte, semi-matte, satin or shiny.
7. The highlighter has a delicate pearly sheen on some areas of the face.
Be discreet and at the same time pleasant with your makeup!